One way a/e ProNet supports the design community is by promoting continuing education for Architects and Engineers.
aecKnowledge, in collaboration with AIA San Francisco and Mark Cavagnero, FAIA, has created an exciting new online series called “Growing a Small Firm”. This set of talks provides targeted advice to design professionals who have recently branched out on their own or are considering starting their own firms. Each panel discussion, filmed live at AIA San Francisco and moderated by Mark Cavagnero, features some of the Bay Area’s leading design professionals, contractors and owners generously sharing valuable insights gained from decades of experience. Among the topics:
- Developing effective marketing and diversification strategies
- Developing a clear, distinctive identity
- Pursuing public design opportunities
- Cultivating repeat clients
- Teaming with larger firms
- Elevating the role of women
- Collaborating with other design and construction professionals
- Forming partnerships with other small firm
- Managing a small firm (while staying sane)
- Leveraging online media and social networking
Click here to access the first in this series, Growing a Small Firm – Marketing.
This course delivers targeted advice on marketing and business development and captures decades of insights into how best to meet potential clients, expand a firm’s portfolio, implement a vibrant marketing program on a limited budget, create an identity that resonates with prospective clients, and successfully collaborate with larger firms and allied professionals in the pursuit of widely sought-after commissions.